Welcome to Sixth Grade!
This page has all the information for your 6th grader. To skip to an assignment section, use the links below.
LANGUAGE ARTS | MATH | SCIENCE
School Closure Information will be found here and then through email.
All main communicating should be kept through our Faith Tutorial office not the West Jackson Church office. SAVE this number in your phone 731-225-8172 or During tutorial hours Tues/ Thurs (our landline) 731-512-3492
OCTOBER 10 –FALL BREAK
- We start Promptly at 8:30. Please arrive no earlier than 8:15 so students have time to visit, go to the restroom and get ready for our day. Pick up is at 12:15. Please arrive by 12:10 for timely pick up.
- Bring a healthy snack–NO peanuts- We do have a peanut allergy in this class. Water or juice rather than soda. (Students should not need a snack as much as they used to. During this second semester, consider decreasing snack to prepare for the transition to 7th grade.)
- Bring a light jacket– it can be hot or cold in some rooms.
- Art will be Thursday–starting the first day. Remember to bring your Art Homework -Thursdays.
- At this age it is important to socialize and always be kind. Great behavior is expected. We want everyone to have a great school year.
2019-2020 Daily Schedule
|8:30 – 9:40||English||8:30 – 9:20||English|
|9:40 – 9:50||Snack||9:25 – 10:15||Art|
|9:50 – 11:00||Math||10:15 – 10:25||Snack|
|11:05 – 12:15||Science||10:30 – 11:20||Math|
|11:25 – 12:15||Science|
Language Arts 6th Grade
September Calendar 🙂 –> 6th Agenda September
Math 6th Grade
9/16–Monday —Starting Lesson 6. Review Lesson 5 and math facts of 5, 10, 3 and 4 Reviewing two digit multiplication and dividing. (can use their white boards). Watch Video 6 for Lesson 6. We worked in class on place value in numbers and talked about how your answers should make sense. (Ex 400-89) should be less than 400. Double check to see that your answer makes sense.
9/17–Tuesday in class, Quiz over Lesson 5 with a Multiplication time test of 3’s during class. We are also working on 10’s. Lesson 6A and 6B. (Homework for Wednesday- Lesson 6C and 6D)
9/18–Wednesday –6C and 6D at home.
9/19–Thursday –In class 6E and review math facts with other types of problems. Homework– 6F and 6G and Complete test 6 at Home)
9/20–Friday — 6F and 6G; Complete test 6 at home. We will have a short quiz on this Tuesday 9/24 over Lesson 6
Sept 23–Lesson 7
New Faith Math students— Look back at Math U See for 4th and 5th grade curriculum to see if your child has mastered those skills. We do a progressive review of all concepts that 6th graders should know. We work hard all year to make a solid foundation of Math skills.
Meet Mrs. Michelle–click here–Teacher Introduction Letter
Questions for Math–click here– Questions and Answers for Math u see
Science 6th Grade
Please feel free to email me anytime if you have any questions about Science @ firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Expect – Click on the link to the left to read what to expect and the class rules.
September Agenda below-