Welcome to Algebra 1!
Welcome to Algebra 1! I am looking forward to being with each of you when we return to tutorial. Be sure to order your curriculum as soon as possible. Students need to review math skills before class begins. A great website is http://www.mathusee.com. Click on Parents at the top of the page, go to the Parent Resources box at the bottom of the page, then select one of the options on the left side. Bring all materials the first day so we can get started learning Algebra! See you on Thursday, August 13th! If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.
Homework – 9/17/2020
- Worksheet – Solving Multi-Step Equations and Word Problems
- Study for Test on Lessons 1-4 (Use Review Sheet)
- Study for Squares & Cubes Quiz
- Bring Graph Paper to Class!
How to Prepare for the First Day of Class:
- Bring materials to class – Student Workbook, Student Test Booklet, Binder with paper, Pencils, Small Dry Erase Board, Expo Markers (The Instruction Manual is to remain at home)
- Bring completed Algebra I Readiness Test (this is found in the front of the student workbook)
- Print Agenda and place in binder
- Read Course Expectations and Parent Letter
Students in this course will learn the foundations of algebra. They will use the mathematical operation skills that they have acquired in prior courses to use formulas, solve and graph equations. This course covers topics such as mathematical properties, order of operations, absolute value, slope, graphing lines, system equations.