Welcome to Algebra 1!
Homework – January 19:
1. Complete Workbook pages 18B & 18E and 19B & 19D
2. Complete the Exponent Worksheet Packet
3. Study for Test 18 & Test 19
Homework – January 12:
1. Complete Workbook pages 17B-17E
2. Study for Quiz on Lesson 17
Homework – January 5:
1. Complete Workbook pages 16B-16E
2. Complete 5 problems in INB
3. Study for Quiz on Lesson 16
Welcome to Algebra 1! I am looking forward to being with each of you when we return to tutorial. Be sure to order your curriculum as soon as possible. Students need to review math skills before class begins. A great website is http://www.mathusee.com. Click on Parents at the top of the page, go to the Parent Resources box at the bottom of the page, then select one of the options on the left side. Bring all materials the first day so we can get started learning Algebra! See you on Thursday, August 11th! If you would like to know more about the math assistant, Mrs. Anna Pope, click this link: Anna Pope. To learn more about me, read Info about Brooke. If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.
How to Prepare for the First Day of Class:
- Bring materials to class – Student Workbook, Student Test Booklet, Binder with paper, Pencils, Small Dry Erase Board, Expo Markers (The Instruction Manual is to remain at home)
- Bring completed Algebra I Readiness Test (this is found in the front of the student workbook)
- Print Agenda and place in binder
- Read Course Expectations and Parent Letter
Students in this course will learn the foundations of algebra. They will use the mathematical operation skills that they have acquired in prior courses to use formulas, solve and graph equations. This course covers topics such as mathematical properties, order of operations, absolute value, slope, graphing lines, system equations.