Welcome to the Pre-Algebra Home Page!
Welcome to Pre-Algebra! I am looking forward to being with each of you when we return to tutorial. Be sure to order your curriculum as soon as possible. Also, there is a multiplication quiz the first day. Be sure you have memorized the multiplication table 0-12 before you get to class on the first day. Bring all materials the first day so we can get started learning math! See you on Thursday, August 13th! If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Homework – 11/12/2020
- Complete Worksheet pages 13B-13F
- Study for Test 13
- Bring dry erase board to class
How to Prepare for the First Day of Class:
- Bring all materials to class – Student Workbook; Test Booklet; Binder with paper & dividers; Pencils; Small Dry Erase Board; Expo Markers (The Instruction Manual is to remain at home)
- Bring completed Pre-Test to class — https://mathusee.com/pdfs/pretest.pdf — Use notebook paper to show your work and write the final answer on the worksheet. You must show your work for each problem to receive credit.
- Print Agenda and place in binder.
- Read Course Expectations and Parent Letter
- Study for Multiplication Quiz – Facts 0-12 — 6 minutes, 100 questions — Each student will take the quiz each week until they receive a score of 100. Study, Study, Study!!!
Students in Pre-Algebra will receive a solid foundation for success in upper-level Algebra. This course covers topics such as integers, basic equations using additive and multiplicative inverse, properties ( associative, commutative, and distributive ), absolute value, ratio and proportion to include a few. Other upper level operations such as transforming Celsius to Fahrenheit, military time, volume of three dimensional shapes, and surface area are also included. In class each week, students can expect to begin with a morning mental math activity. The past week’s material is reviewed prior to taking a weekly test. New material is taught with time to practice this together in class. Honors lessons are required in this book for enrichment and as time allows, we will go over them in class.