Welcome to US History!
Hi students! My name is Susan Hodges and what an exciting year to be taking US History! I am so elated because this year, although not an election year, we have a lot of history to parallel with the history that is in the making as we speak!
I am married and a mother of four. I homeschooled my children and have a love of history. I told my children, ” If I can teach you to critically think, you will be prepared for any course in life”. This is true of this course as there will be many opinions as well as facts! US history will delve back to our roots, lay a foundation for our government in America, take us through war, and edge into the modern days. We will have discussion, essays, papers as well as quizzes and tests. Bring all quizzes and tests books to class the first day and I will collect them. Come prepared and bring a respectful attitude and open mind to class and it will be a great year!
The new parent letter and homework are below!
Video watched in class: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU-qkAEyzQY
HOMEWORK DUE TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23: memorize the presidents
- Memorize all presidents in order for a quiz !
- With a 2 page paper on Preferences versus Principles. Include the definition of both, examples in history and present, and the how the strife/division in America can be traced back to people confusing the two.
- Read Chapter 12 and complete Section Reviews 1-5
- Complete all Ideas 1-6 page 186
- Read Chapter 13 pages 187-194…section reviews 1-3