Updated information—September 19, 2019
- Progress reports went home today. Please continue to review these short vowel sounds with your children. Knowing these sounds will be necessary as we begin to blend sounds together as we learn to read.
- Our October-December Curriculum Guide is now available just below this textbox.
- We will have a fall party at the end of October. Pre-K will be allowed to wear friendly costumes to class on this day. I will send out more details next month.
- Keep scrolling to see some pictures from this week.
Click below for important links:
Pre-K Curriculum Guide—August-September
Pre-K Curriculum Guide—October-December 2019
Meet Ms. Melinda—Welcome Letter 2019
FAITH Academic Calendar 2019 – 2020—Academic Calendar 19-20
- For each Tutorial day, please look at your curriculum guide and send only the pages necessary for that day in their folders. The curriculum guide will be posted just above this text box and updated regularly. Please try to remember to clean out their folders daily, so that we don’t have extra papers strewn about.
- Try to find time to practice the Bible verse for the week at home. Most students will not be able to memorize it in the short amount of time we have to work on it at Tutorial.
- Please make sure that your child uses the restroom before coming to class each day and make sure to keep an extra change of clothes in his/her backpack.
- Send a healthy snack and drink with your child each day. We will have snack mid-morning.
- Students may arrive as early as 8:15, and classes begin at 8:30. Please make a special effort to be here each day by 8:30. Dismissal is 12:00-12:15. Please pick up your child by 12:15.
Pre-K Additional Information:
- Our subject focus in Pre-K is phonics/reading, manuscript writing, and basic number concepts.
- In addition to our curriculum, we will play learning games, make crafts to compliment our skills, read Bible stories and learn Bible verses, and enjoy fun and educational learning centers.
- Preschool can sometimes be messy, especially on art day. Be sure to wear appropriate clothing.
- We will have extra special days throughout the year (Read Across America Day, Holiday Events, Field Day, etc.)