Click below for important links:
Updated information– February 16, 2017
- We have studied all letters of the alphabet and their basic sounds. We will continue to practice these at Tutorial. Please help your child with any letters he/she has not yet mastered (letter name, letter sound, writing the letter).
- We have been learning “The 12 Disciples Song” during Bible time, and some have asked me to link it to our page.
- Our Read Across America (Dr. Seuss) celebration will be Thursday, March 1st. More information coming soon.
- Turn in day for St. Jude fund raiser is March 1st.
- Check out the pictures at the bottom of this page to see some of the fun activities we worked on this week.
- As you are helping your children learn to write their names, please encourage them to only capitalize the first letter.
- Children will have an opportunity to say their Bible verse each Thursday. Please take a few minutes each day to work on this at home.
- Academic Calendar/Progress Report Schedule 2017-18.
For each Tutorial day, please look at your curriculum guide and send only the pages necessary for that day in their folders. The curriculum guide will be posted and updated regularly at the top of this page.
Please try to remember to clean out their folders daily, so that we don’t have extra papers strewn about.
Try to find time to practice the Bible verse for the week at home. Most students will not be able to memorize it in the short amount of time we have to work on it at Tutorial.
Please make sure that your child uses the restroom before coming to class each Tutorial day.
Please make sure that your child has a change of clothes in his/her backpack.
Please send a healthy snack and drink with your child each day. We will have snack mid-morning.
Students may arrive as early as 8:15, and classes begin at 8:30. Please make a special effort to be here each day by 8:30.
Dismissal is 12:00-12:15.
- Our subject focus in Pre-K is phonics/reading, with an emphasis on manuscript writing. Our curriculum also covers basic numbers concepts.
- In addition to our curriculum, we will play learning games, make crafts to complement our skills, read Bible stories and learn Bible verses, and enjoy educational and fun learning centers.
- Preschool can sometimes be messy, especially on art day. Be sure to wear appropriate clothing.
- We will have extra special days throughout the year (Dr. Seuss Day, Holiday events, Field Day, etc…)